Tuesday 11 October 2011

Self Portraits (Face Study)



I did a couple of self portraits by looking at some photographs on facebook. By doing this I found it easier to then transform my own head into an eel, this way it'll have more of my actual features. I noticed from the photographs that I have quite large cheeks, so it would make sense if my hybrid also has the same feature.
These are the original photographs that I made he drawings from:


I tried to mainly concentrate on the basic face features, and not pay much attention to detail so then its easier to see how the splice effect will end up like.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Alicja - how about a few portraits not from photos but from a mirror? It's a different experience drawing form as opposed to the surface of an image - both can be useful, but actual observation is probably more useful for you for the purposes of this unit. Give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN! Now Im thinking *should of said these WERE from the mirror*! Joking, Ill give it a go (: x

    ReplyDelete